Skip to main content

For this is the day the Lord hath made....I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

Another blessed day here on PatchWork Acres....Dehydrator full of zucchini squash, some cubed and some grated.....thinking this will be a nice addition to add to recipes...a handful into soups ,and chicken and dressing....also have a canner going full of green beans...yes the garden in producing full blast....I also have an incubator full of eggs and they are busily chirping and hatching....sounds kinda hectic here....
   and I was feeling stretched thin...but I got to thinking...This is the day the Lord hath made...I WILL rejoice and be glad in it....Rejoicing is a choice....I can look at the things around me and drown or I can keep my focus on Jesus and choose thankfulness instead....When I choose to be thankful and yes even make myself Praise the Lord...I can actually feel the tenseness drain from my body.....I am glad that I have a heavenly Father that cares....I know if he sees every sparrow that falls...and he knows even how many hairs I have on my head..( and how many were in my brush this morning)...then He cares about what my day looks like...I can let him be apart of my day by keeping my focus and him ,...I can acknowledge him in all I do by being thankful and he will direct my paths.....this kinda makes me know Just HOW great my Father IS....because right now I have a lot of paths going on....By being thankful he is there on all of them with me, directing me.....Just something that has been running thru my mind as I work today....."Thank you Lord for my noisey dehydrator and the chirping of chicks...and please Father don't let me get distracted and my canner blow up......but most of all ...Thank You ...for everything you are"......"amen"...oh yeah...please help me not forget to keep the washer going so my men have clean clothes to wear tomorrow....AMEN!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Can't I be like a Goose

                                        We had a big storm move in this morning...extremely heavy rain,wind and lighting. I don't like storms...well I should say I have a love hate relationship ....I love to hear  the rumble of thunder but hate the sharp lighting,,love the rain but hate the high winds....you see I have been in some really bad storms...to the point of having to get under a table or in a closet....and the worse part is being alone at home at the time....  So as this storm was blowing and rain pounding....I looked out my kitchen window,There in my back yard were my 3 big geese....yes just strolling along...enjoying the rain and wind...no fear ,no worries,actually lifting their heads skyward in a way that could have been considered thankfulness or praise ...flapping their wings in dance and playing...over all having a good time....IN THE ...

Duct Tape...No more!!!

Hi all !! its been a while since I have been on here.I hope to catch it up over the next several weeks.I have been really busy with kidding time on PatchWork Acres. Garden planting and revamping my shop.I have quite a few projects going.God is good.     Sometimes in my quite time mornings I reflect over things and meditate on Gods Word.At times I journal my thoughts and write what I call .."Home Grown Devotionals" So I thought I would just share one today...                                                     "   Duct Taping our lives together"                                      (Giving others permission to see underneath who we really are)                           ...

It's a grandpa thing....

  We knew for 9 months that this time would come. I had been sleeping with my phone at night for a week  or so , just in case a call came thru the night.  At 4 that morning it's ring jarred me from my sleep.....yes our grandson was on the way....living 6 hours from my daughter and son-n-law wasn't helping things.....we hurriedly packed and decided to go ahead and do chores......My poor chickens and goats thought I had lost my mind as I rushed around and chored by lantern light. After packing everything in our vehicle,  we headed out.       Talking and laughing as we traveled along.....we were about an hour from our destination....we were going to stay with our other grandson while his brother was being born....we got a call that things may not be all well with the delivery. .An emergency C-section was called for....as I looked at my dear hubby and saw the concern on his face and the tear in his eyes....he reached quietly for my hand and began to pra...