Skip to main content

It's a grandpa thing....

  We knew for 9 months that this time would come. I had been sleeping with my phone at night for a week  or so , just in case a call came thru the night.
 At 4 that morning it's ring jarred me from my sleep.....yes our grandson was on the way....living 6 hours from my daughter and son-n-law wasn't helping things.....we hurriedly packed and decided to go ahead and do chores......My poor chickens and goats thought I had lost my mind as I rushed around and chored by lantern light. After packing everything in our
vehicle,  we headed out.
      Talking and laughing as we traveled along.....we were about an hour from our destination....we were going to stay with our other grandson while his brother was being born....we got a call that things may not be all well with the delivery. .An emergency C-section was called for....as I looked at my dear hubby and saw the concern on his face and the tear in his eyes....he reached quietly for my hand and began to pray.....then it seemed we would never get there....the traffic was heavy.....We went straight to the hospital and they said she is in surgery and we can't see our daughter for several hours....But they told us everything going to be okay....we headed to the waiting room to wait it out.....after a while my phone rang...and it was actually my daughter from recovery telling us that he was here....she was fine and our grandson was and all went well.....Well, my dear husband's face lit up like a light and he got so excited that before I knew it he was down on the waiting room floor doing push ups.....now this is beyond me....tears of joy and laughter and happy dancing I could understand, but pushups?.....it definitely had to be a grandpa thing.....And then later as he rocked him, slowly , ...smiling .....he again reached over and held my hand and quietly said...you know this all started with you, don't ya?.....well this grandpa sure knows how to still mke my heart go pitty patter. ...."Another blessed day here on PatchWork Acres. ...

Comments

  1. Aw! Melts my heart and brings a tear to my eye. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww Mari That is beautiful!! Congratulations on your little grandson! He is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just totally precious. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Can't I be like a Goose

                                        We had a big storm move in this morning...extremely heavy rain,wind and lighting. I don't like storms...well I should say I have a love hate relationship ....I love to hear  the rumble of thunder but hate the sharp lighting,,love the rain but hate the high winds....you see I have been in some really bad storms...to the point of having to get under a table or in a closet....and the worse part is being alone at home at the time....  So as this storm was blowing and rain pounding....I looked out my kitchen window,There in my back yard were my 3 big geese....yes just strolling along...enjoying the rain and wind...no fear ,no worries,actually lifting their heads skyward in a way that could have been considered thankfulness or praise ...flapping their wings in dance and playing...over all having a good time....IN THE ...

Duct Tape...No more!!!

Hi all !! its been a while since I have been on here.I hope to catch it up over the next several weeks.I have been really busy with kidding time on PatchWork Acres. Garden planting and revamping my shop.I have quite a few projects going.God is good.     Sometimes in my quite time mornings I reflect over things and meditate on Gods Word.At times I journal my thoughts and write what I call .."Home Grown Devotionals" So I thought I would just share one today...                                                     "   Duct Taping our lives together"                                      (Giving others permission to see underneath who we really are)                           ...