Skip to main content

Fall is here on PatchWork Acres

 You can tell fall is here even though it was quit warm today....The pecans are falling heavy and the goats are slowing up on milk.I also am not getting enough eggs to sell.Just enough to provide for our family......It also has been really busy in the shop this week.Trying to fill all the orders coming in.I do not want to fall behind.....As I was milking this morning I noticed it is time to trim goat hooves and fall clean my barn.
   I also have started making goat milk kefer and I must say it is delicious....and fresh every morning...I will show you how this works in the near future.It is also time to make the winter soap and can the dry beans that have been waiting.....
    We have a fresh batch of baby chicks .27 Red Star that should be laying by the spring.I have to say I am loving the long evenings already.Getting caught up on some reading projects and crocheting cotton wash clothes to go with my soaps.
Here are some of the projects I was doing in the shop today.
  Working on Christmas orders......
This is a wooden distressed tray that they wanted personalized with their last name...I sell these for 18.00 and orders can be placed at....www.facebook.com/CraftBlessings 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Can't I be like a Goose

                                        We had a big storm move in this morning...extremely heavy rain,wind and lighting. I don't like storms...well I should say I have a love hate relationship ....I love to hear  the rumble of thunder but hate the sharp lighting,,love the rain but hate the high winds....you see I have been in some really bad storms...to the point of having to get under a table or in a closet....and the worse part is being alone at home at the time....  So as this storm was blowing and rain pounding....I looked out my kitchen window,There in my back yard were my 3 big geese....yes just strolling along...enjoying the rain and wind...no fear ,no worries,actually lifting their heads skyward in a way that could have been considered thankfulness or praise ...flapping their wings in dance and playing...over all having a good time....IN THE STORM... It made me think of the verses of how God will cover me with His feathers in Psalms, so that nothing can harm me...and of

All in a days Worship.

     Why is it that we only feel like we worship or have devotions when we sit still in a chair and read our Bible or kneel quietly and pray?...Those things have their time and place...but what about the spontaneous dance in the morning dew as we sing or the quiet admiring of the rainbow in the water of the garden sprinkler...or the hatching of baby ducks in the color of spun gold.....or the song birds singing in the trees or the dove cooing in the cool of the evening....the purring of a kitty begging to be held...I believe worship can be anywhere...these everyday things that turn our hearts to the Abba Father....His joy washes over us....For me its stripping old paint off of a old dresser and seeing beauty underneath that turns my thoughts to the Father...knowing of the times I have been sanded/rubbed the wrong way ....it hurts ...it takes a layer off me....I could choose to be bitter or embrace it and ask Jesus to do what he needs or wants to do in the situation....Like I patch and b

It's a grandpa thing....

  We knew for 9 months that this time would come. I had been sleeping with my phone at night for a week  or so , just in case a call came thru the night.  At 4 that morning it's ring jarred me from my sleep.....yes our grandson was on the way....living 6 hours from my daughter and son-n-law wasn't helping things.....we hurriedly packed and decided to go ahead and do chores......My poor chickens and goats thought I had lost my mind as I rushed around and chored by lantern light. After packing everything in our vehicle,  we headed out.       Talking and laughing as we traveled along.....we were about an hour from our destination....we were going to stay with our other grandson while his brother was being born....we got a call that things may not be all well with the delivery. .An emergency C-section was called for....as I looked at my dear hubby and saw the concern on his face and the tear in his eyes....he reached quietly for my hand and began to pray.....then it seemed we wo