Skip to main content

Beautiful weeds in our lives....

I love to garden...Its something that makes me thrive...to run warm ,fresh dirt between my fingers, to see tiny green shoots shooting up in the bright dewy morning...the smell of fresh plowed earth....I love it all.
  Well this spring when everything was coming up and blooming,I saw I had a new vine.It was growing up out of a barrel ,climbing my archway.It was lushes and green.I had planted different plants the year before so I thought this must have come back from one of those.It was strangly familiar but yet I couldn't quite put my finger on it.I plant lots of different flowers, so I wasn't to concerned, beside it was very healthy ,green and climbing vigorously...I put up support for the green shiny leaves,trained it so it would climb just right around a hanging lamp, so it would show its best self...and waited on the blooms...envisioning all the beautiful colors....I waited ,waited and w.a.i.t.e.d...It climbed and I watered..it spread and I watered...it moved to the tree above and I still waited....no blooms......Well one night after church we got home and I was heading up the walk way and glanced back at my beautiful vine in the light of the pole lamp...the dim light....yet so revealing....I suddenly saw its true identity....IT WAS POISON IVY!!!...YES...me a seasoned gardener had trained poison ivy to climb up my archway and even encouraged and nourised it to spread....HOW HAD I NOT SEEN BEFORE!!???....Why in the dim light of the pole light which was so dim and not in the glaring light of the day??? I had even handled it without gloves and yet never reacted...Well I couldn't even sleep that night.I kept waiting for the sunlight of the next morning to confirm my suspicions......Yep at first light ...it was true....So I decided it had to come out and NOW....so I grabbed it and pulled...and pulled and PULLED!!...believe me that thing had a hold and was NOT moving....BUT I was determined and nearly pulled my whole planter up pulling that root out....It wasn't one root by now but 3 tublers  and they were about 2 ft. long....they had been multiplying under the ground as I so diligently fed and cared for them...YUCK!!!
     Well as I thought about this alot over the last few days...I wondered if God had a lesson in this.
How often do we nurture sin in our life...bitterness,resentment,jealously and ect.Wondering why we arn't bearing fruit.How often we justify ourselves or gossip thinking its just concern for others that we need to talk about. ...I know there are times in my life that these things have been revealed in the most unexpected ways...(in the pole light so to say)..thru a friends,thru studying Gods Word and even thru my children questioning my attitude.We carefully nurture bitterness in our lives...thinking oh I have forgiven that,,,but then something happens and it raises up again....the roots getting bigger and stronger, sending out new shoots of self-pity,resentment.....But Praise the Lord  if we let God's truth shine on it.. into every area of my life...He WILL be faithful and reveal every weed, the things that are choking out my life...sometimes it hurts and shakes things loose in my life to allow God to pull those roots out...But its worth it....then and only then can I bloom and bear fruit.......John 15:1-2,4

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Can't I be like a Goose

                                        We had a big storm move in this morning...extremely heavy rain,wind and lighting. I don't like storms...well I should say I have a love hate relationship ....I love to hear  the rumble of thunder but hate the sharp lighting,,love the rain but hate the high winds....you see I have been in some really bad storms...to the point of having to get under a table or in a closet....and the worse part is being alone at home at the time....  So as this storm was blowing and rain pounding....I looked out my kitchen window,There in my back yard were my 3 big geese....yes just strolling along...enjoying the rain and wind...no fear ,no worries,actually lifting their heads skyward in a way that could have been considered thankfulness or praise ...flapping their wings in dance and playing...over all having a good time....IN THE STORM... It made me think of the verses of how God will cover me with His feathers in Psalms, so that nothing can harm me...and of

It's a grandpa thing....

  We knew for 9 months that this time would come. I had been sleeping with my phone at night for a week  or so , just in case a call came thru the night.  At 4 that morning it's ring jarred me from my sleep.....yes our grandson was on the way....living 6 hours from my daughter and son-n-law wasn't helping things.....we hurriedly packed and decided to go ahead and do chores......My poor chickens and goats thought I had lost my mind as I rushed around and chored by lantern light. After packing everything in our vehicle,  we headed out.       Talking and laughing as we traveled along.....we were about an hour from our destination....we were going to stay with our other grandson while his brother was being born....we got a call that things may not be all well with the delivery. .An emergency C-section was called for....as I looked at my dear hubby and saw the concern on his face and the tear in his eyes....he reached quietly for my hand and began to pray.....then it seemed we wo

All in a days Worship.

     Why is it that we only feel like we worship or have devotions when we sit still in a chair and read our Bible or kneel quietly and pray?...Those things have their time and place...but what about the spontaneous dance in the morning dew as we sing or the quiet admiring of the rainbow in the water of the garden sprinkler...or the hatching of baby ducks in the color of spun gold.....or the song birds singing in the trees or the dove cooing in the cool of the evening....the purring of a kitty begging to be held...I believe worship can be anywhere...these everyday things that turn our hearts to the Abba Father....His joy washes over us....For me its stripping old paint off of a old dresser and seeing beauty underneath that turns my thoughts to the Father...knowing of the times I have been sanded/rubbed the wrong way ....it hurts ...it takes a layer off me....I could choose to be bitter or embrace it and ask Jesus to do what he needs or wants to do in the situation....Like I patch and b