Skip to main content

Duct Tape...No more!!!

Hi all !! its been a while since I have been on here.I hope to catch it up over the next several weeks.I have been really busy with kidding time on PatchWork Acres. Garden planting and revamping my shop.I have quite a few projects going.God is good.
    Sometimes in my quite time mornings I reflect over things and meditate on Gods Word.At times I journal my thoughts and write what I call .."Home Grown Devotionals" So I thought I would just share one today...
                                                    "  Duct Taping our lives together" 
                                    (Giving others permission to see underneath who we really are)

                                         Therefore confess your sins to each other and 
                                            pray for each other, so that you may be healed. James 5:16
   
 On Easter Sunday I had a new outfit.I was looking spify.Nice skirt with a eyelet blouse in just the right color.My favorite color in fact. Well feeling kinda good at how it turned out...I get dressed and notice the skirt is a little loose,no big deal ,I will just pull it up a little higher and all will be well....so I thought....well working around home getting my food ready for sunrise service that morning, my skirt would slip and I would stand in front of the mirror ,and you know turn this way and turn that way...Wow it looked good...it didn't look like it was gonna fall off...all looked great.....So off to church I went.....I tear into the church and start getting ready for sunrise service.I thought I will make hot coffee,everyone will love that,it was a chilly morning....busy busy.....Well the skirt had a mind of its own,...it kept slipping...it wanted to come off and I was determined it wasn't...after ALL this was my new Easter skirt.....Well trying to make a 30 cup coffee pot full of coffee with one hand on the pot and the other holding up my skirt was quite challenging...BUT  what was I to do?People had noticed my new out fit...and it was my favorite color...and and....and that's when I spotted it!!! YES !!!...silver and Beautiful!!...it was just what I needed...Duct Tape!!...I took off 2 nice size pieces ...lifted my blouse and taped my skirt to my under garments!!....wa-la!! ...dropped my blouse back down...and no one new it was there.....I looked nice and friendly...well I was happy now I could use both hands to make coffee without losing my skirt. But no one saw my duct tape.Until I showed them,....which I did just because it was to funny to keep to myself...especially when they would comment on my beautiful new outfit....
    Well it got me to thinking....How often is it that we look just right on the outside.We are friendly,busy and oh so helpful...but on the inside we are taped together...our hearts are broken ,our spirits are down and we are discouraged....But others appear to have it all together...so we add some more duct tape to ourselves and smile while we cry on the inside....afraid if we take the duct tape off we will fall apart and others will see our needs....Oh ladies, if we could see the needs and hearts of others....We as older women are commanded to teach the younger...We are all older then someone....so that means we all have a part...I don't think it means to stand up and teach but to come along the side of and walk with them,be there for them....so when the duct tape comes off or is revealed ...there can be true mending...not just patching,.....But it takes genuine trust and love and concern for each other.Oh how easy it is to look just right...and we think everything is great for them...or make others think it is great for ourselves...but wouldn't it be great to be fixed,...really fixed no pretending,no holding up with one hand...to be beautiful inside and out?...Lets be there for each other...really there, praying,encouraging ,and believe me duct tape does NOT come off easy...it HURTS,skin comes,,,but only after it comes off can true healing and mending happen.......Oh yeah the skirt is on the sewing machine to be fixed...no more duct tape for me....I want to be beautiful ..inside and out........ 
                                         
    

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing that, Mari, you had me on the edge of my seat waiting for that embarrassing moment of how your skirt fell down. :( :) And what a novel idea to use duct tape... so like you to be so resourceful! ;-P
    But your last paragraph really spoke to my heart... I appreciate the encouragement to be real rather than hiding behind the duct tape. Thanks so much!
    Mind if I share it with our sisters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Mari! Thank you for sharing! I am so happy you have become such a dear friend to me and that I am able to share the real me with you, receiving such wisdom and godly advice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Can't I be like a Goose

                                        We had a big storm move in this morning...extremely heavy rain,wind and lighting. I don't like storms...well I should say I have a love hate relationship ....I love to hear  the rumble of thunder but hate the sharp lighting,,love the rain but hate the high winds....you see I have been in some really bad storms...to the point of having to get under a table or in a closet....and the worse part is being alone at home at the time....  So as this storm was blowing and rain pounding....I looked out my kitchen window,There in my back yard were my 3 big geese....yes just strolling along...enjoying the rain and wind...no fear ,no worries,actually lifting their heads skyward in a way that could have been considered thankfulness or praise ...flapping their wings in dance and playing...over all having a good time....IN THE STORM... It made me think of the verses of how God will cover me with His feathers in Psalms, so that nothing can harm me...and of

It's a grandpa thing....

  We knew for 9 months that this time would come. I had been sleeping with my phone at night for a week  or so , just in case a call came thru the night.  At 4 that morning it's ring jarred me from my sleep.....yes our grandson was on the way....living 6 hours from my daughter and son-n-law wasn't helping things.....we hurriedly packed and decided to go ahead and do chores......My poor chickens and goats thought I had lost my mind as I rushed around and chored by lantern light. After packing everything in our vehicle,  we headed out.       Talking and laughing as we traveled along.....we were about an hour from our destination....we were going to stay with our other grandson while his brother was being born....we got a call that things may not be all well with the delivery. .An emergency C-section was called for....as I looked at my dear hubby and saw the concern on his face and the tear in his eyes....he reached quietly for my hand and began to pray.....then it seemed we wo

All in a days Worship.

     Why is it that we only feel like we worship or have devotions when we sit still in a chair and read our Bible or kneel quietly and pray?...Those things have their time and place...but what about the spontaneous dance in the morning dew as we sing or the quiet admiring of the rainbow in the water of the garden sprinkler...or the hatching of baby ducks in the color of spun gold.....or the song birds singing in the trees or the dove cooing in the cool of the evening....the purring of a kitty begging to be held...I believe worship can be anywhere...these everyday things that turn our hearts to the Abba Father....His joy washes over us....For me its stripping old paint off of a old dresser and seeing beauty underneath that turns my thoughts to the Father...knowing of the times I have been sanded/rubbed the wrong way ....it hurts ...it takes a layer off me....I could choose to be bitter or embrace it and ask Jesus to do what he needs or wants to do in the situation....Like I patch and b